10 Best Inexpensive Running Shoes
You’ve heard it before and you’ll likely hear it again: running is an inexpensive way to help you stay in shape. What you typically don’t hear [as a beginner runner] is that running shoes can be expensive and that you should replace your running shoes every 300 to 400 miles. However there are plenty of running shoes on the market that are affordable on almost any budget. Let’s take a look at the top 10 best inexpensive running shoes.
*Disclaimer-All outbound links on this page are affiliate links meaning that at NO EXTRA COST TO YOU, I will receive a commission if you decide to purchase something. I’m not here to sell you anything, but if your going to purchase something anyway, it would help me pay for college. Thank you!
10. ASICS GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe | Mens $45 | Womens $50 |
The ASICS Gel Venture 5 running shoes are perfect for whether you’re walking, running, dancing, or hiking and they are super affordable. They have plenty of support to help prevent knee injury and they are even available in wide sizes.
9. Under Armour Micro G Assert 6 | Mens $70 | Womens $55 |
These might be our favorites in terms of aesthetics. They look super cool and have the function to match. We will warn you that these are known to run small so be sure to order a half size up or try them on in store first.
8. Tesla Running Shoes | Mens $20 |
Okay these are probably the best bang for your buck and look amazing. They have the look and feel of free runs but for a fraction of the cost. These are extremely comfortable as well.
7. Asics Gel-Contend 3 | Mens $45 | Womens $40 |
These Asics Gel-Contend 3 are true to size and look and feel great. They are true to size including wide sizes. They also have a nice shock absorbing mid sole.
6. Champion Gusto Runner | Mens $25 | Womens $30 |
These Champion Gusto runners are our budget pick and for those that aren’t long distance runners e.g. 20+ miles per week. They are super light and breathable and it seems as though Champion as come along way in terms of style and design.
5. Nike Free RN Distance | Mens $90 | Womens $90 |
While these aren’t the most inexpensive running those, they are the most popular and for good reason. Nike has released the very popular free run line however not everyone likes their minimalist line thus the Nike Free RN was created. They are very stylish and have great arch support as well.
4. Saucony Kinvara 5 | Mens $54 | Womens $48 |
The Saucony Kinvara 5 is another great running shoe for the guy or girl looking for a trendy pairing of running shoes without having to pay top-dollar. The Kinvara 5 is praises for being lightweight and comfortable. For around $80, the Saucony Kinvara 5 provides excellent cushioning as well as shock absorption properties. Weighing between 6.7 (women) and 7.7 ounces (men), the Kinvara 5 is one of the lightest Saucony shoes available for purchase. This shoe is flexible and described as a neutral running shoe. However, many individuals looking for a minimalist style shoe also rave about the Saucony Kinvara 5.
3. Asics GT-2000 4 | Mens $60 | Womens $40 |
The Asics GT-2000 4 start at around $40 and are perfect for runners looking an affordable running shoe. Not only are these shoes great for those looking for a shoe that will stand out, but the Asics GT-2000 4 also feature gel and memory foam to help absorb shock as you run. Additionally, the sock-like liner adds to the comfort level of these shoes. A supportive lacing system also helps to stabilize your feet as you run.
2. Adidas Performance Speed Trainer 2 | Mens $65 | Womens $50 |
The ADIDAS Performance Speed Trainer 2 is one of the lightest running shoes available on the market — hence the word speed in the name. These shoes are extremely durable, which means you may get a few more miles out of them than you would with most running shoes.
1. Brooks Ghost 8 Running Shoes | Mens $75 | Womens $70 |
Our Number 1 choice is without a doubt the best running shoes for your money. You will be able to rack up the mileage with these as they are very durable. These also have great support and people rave about this shoes helping their knee pain. Be sure to check these inexpensive running shoes out as they fit like a glove and are tough enough for all your workouts.
1. Shop at smaller shoe stores. If possible, shop at a store that specializes in the running shoes. A major department store may be convenient. However, they may not have running shoes available to meet your specific needs. Additionally, employees at running shoe stores are going to be much more knowledgeable about running shoes opposed to someone who just sells shoes of all kinds.
2. Don’t assume you know your size. Always have your foot measured before buying running shoes and always try the shoes on.
3. Give them a try. You try clothes on before you buy them and take a car for a test run before you purchase it, be sure to do the same with your running shoes. Take a run around the store or use a treadmill in the store (many running speciality stores will have treadmills onsite).
4. Don’t buy into gimmicks. Unless your doctor has recommended special inserts for your running shoes, you probably don’t need to be buying the extras that a salesperson may be trying to sell you.
5. If you find a pair of running shoes you really like, don’t hesitate to buy an extra pair or two. Running shoe models tend to change frequently. When it comes time to replace your current favorites, they may not be in production anymore and could be very difficult to find.
Remember, you can buy running shoes on a strict budget. However, it is important to buy running shoes that are appropriate for your goals and your foot type. Just because the shoe fits and is at the right price does not necessarily mean it’s for you. If you are unsure on the types of shoes that are best for you, consult an expert at a running shoe speciality store.