Video: Will Marijuana Smoke Slow Muscle Gains?
There has long been a debate as to whether smoking marijuana has any adverse effects on building muscle. There’s no definitive answer as to whether you should do it or not because it helps some people and hurts some people. Many professional athletes use it to help them relax but at the same time, is it sending the wrong message to our youth?
We’re going to give you the pros and cons and you can decide for yourself if you should continue smoking marijuana and bodybuilding.
We’ve all seen the video of Arnold Schwarzenegger with a blunt in his hand and have probably wondered if it was really weed. If you haven’t check it out…
Video: Arnold Smoking A Joint
I Really Smoked It…And I Also Inhaled
- People claim that marijuana helps them relax after a long workout
- It makes bulking easier (munchies anyone?)
- Marijuana can help numb the pain of sore muscles
- It can help you sleep better
- Some people have their best workouts high because they say it calms down their nervous system
- Less oxygen to your cells if you smoke before a workout
- Smoking in blunt paper, dutch masters, etc. isn’t necessarily good for you
- If you want to lose weight and get the munchies when you smoke
- If you get really lazy and tired when you smoke
- Some studies claim that it lowers testosterone in men (Correlation doesn’t equal causation though so don’t necessarily believe something because it’s published research)
- Potentially get you in trouble if it’s illegal in your state
If you do smoke…
We suggest that you invest in a vaporizer to minimize the negative effects of smoking on your lungs. We would write about the reasons that it’s better but we thought this nice infographic courtesy marijuana.com.
As you can see, vaping definitely is the better option! If you do consider picking one up, here is the top 10 best vaporizers according to marijuana.com
1. Volcano-Best Price
2. Arizer Extreme-Best Price
3. Silver Surfer-Best Price
4. Da Buddha-Best Price
5. Hot Box-Best Price
6. Herbalaire-Best Price
7. Vapir One (portable)-Best Price
8. Iolite-Best Price
9. Vapolution-Best Price
10. Easy Vape-Best Price
If you don’t smoke…
We don’t suggest that you begin smoking unless you are of a mature age. What is a mature age? It’s the age you reach when you know exactly what you are doing and can control yourself when it comes to smoking. If you feel pressured by friends to do it, then ask yourself if you are doing it because you want to or because your friends want you to. This article was not written to promote the use of marijuana nor was it written to persuade you to stop using it. It’s just like drinking alcohol…in moderation it’s fine, but if it begins to take control of your life and results in you trying even stronger drugs, then you may want to seek help.
Video: Scooby Dislikes Weed